Is your appetite completely out of control? Are you trying to stick to your diet, but you keep failing because you’re just so darn hungry? Below I have for you the best natural appetite suppressants that work! Keep reading to find out how easy it will be to kick your hunger to the curb with these tips.
I used to have an uncontrollable appetite. I would finish a meal and be thinking about what snack I could eat. I had crazy intense cravings that I just couldn’t get to go away no matter what I did. I had tried all the pills that people claim will suppress your appetite, I took prescription appetite suppressants, and I can tell you that they did me no good. Losing weight is hard enough without having to tame a beast of an appetite. These are tried and true natural appetite suppressants that work and have worked for me personally.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
The Best Natural Appetite Suppressants That Actually Work
- Ketogenic Diet-For many people following a keto diet is a natural appetite suppressant. Carbohydrates and sugary, craving-causing foods are eliminated and so is the appetite that comes along with them. If you’re following a keto diet and still have cravings and an uncontrollable appetite, the next tips should help. I followed a keto diet for a long time and my appetite was suppressed. I got away from it for a while and when I tried going back to it, it did not suppress my appetite anymore. I later discovered that was because my gut was imbalanced. I used the following 4 natural ways to suppress my appetite and really start losing weight.
- Apple Cider Vinegar-Apple cider vinegar reduces your blood sugar response to a meal thereby causing less cravings and decreasing your appetite. Be sure when you buy it to get the raw unfiltered one that has the mother in it. Raw unfiltered ACV contains protein, enzymes and friendly bacteria that can help your gut. Put a tablespoon of ACV in a few ounces of water and take it before meals to help digestion and naturally suppress your appetite. If you can’t handle drinking apple cider vinegar, you can get it in pill form here.
- Cistus Tea–Cistus tea is my favorite supplement EVER. I can’t even tell you how much this stuff has changed my body! Once I started drinking it I was able to kick my sugar cravings and my appetite reduced so much that I sometimes forget to eat. It helps break up biofilms in the body created by unfriendly bacteria, yeasts, and parasites. I know that sounds weird probably, but a few days after I started drinking it, my body felt lighter and my appetite and cravings were practically non-existent. You can read about my experience here if you want to know more.
- Whole Food Diet-If a keto diet to suppress your appetite isn’t for you, then a whole food diet could be the answer to curb your appetite. Focus on lots of colorful vegetables, lean proteins, fruits, and healthy fats. Once I implemented a whole food diet, added the fermented and probiotic foods that are below and started drinking cistus tea every day, everything changed for me. I have no cravings, I’m not hungry unless I’m really actually hungry and I don’t obsess about food anymore.
- Fermented Foods-Fermented foods are great for helping get your gut in balance by adding beneficial bacteria to your body. These good bacteria help push out the bad guys. Once your gut is healthy, your ravenous appetite and cravings will be no more. You can buy fermented vegetables at the health food store or make your own. There are lots of options of vegetables that can be fermented. The ones you’ll usually find in a store are kimchi, saurkraut, and pickles. I’m not talking about regular pickles and saurkraut from the regular grocery store. These would be in the health food store in a refrigerated area to preserve the probiotics that are in them. Kombucha is a tea that is fermented and it is delicious! Yogurt and kefir also have beneficial bacteria. If you’re interested in learning how to eat a whole food diet with fermented foods, read this post.
I really hope you try these natural appetite suppressants because I know they will work for you if you give them a chance. Like I said before, I tried all the magic pills that people say will curb your appetite and unfortunately, I found that none of them worked. If your appetite is out of control, your body is probably trying to tell you something. My gut problems were causing vitamin and mineral deficiencies in my body and everything was going haywire. Listen to your body and you will find the answers you’re looking for.
Resources From This Post
Other Posts You Might Like
- #1 Reason You Have Sugar Cravings & How To Stop Them
- How To Stop Binge Eating
- Why Can’t I Stick To My Diet?
- Lose Belly Fat Without Exercise