Are you so sick and tired of getting dressed and not liking what you see in the mirror? You put on your favorite pair of jeans just to have your muffin top spilling over and making you feel discouraged? I’m going to share with you how you can lose your muffin top and start loving what you see in the mirror and gain back your confidence and health.
Your muffin top is caused by excess belly fat. Extra belly fat is associated with health issues like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and some cancers. So not only does it make us unhappy with how we look, it can also cause us to be unhealthy. That’s why it’s so important to get rid of your muffin top by losing that extra belly fat.
How To Lose Your Muffin Top & Belly Fat
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
- The most important way to get rid of your muffin top and the extra belly fat is through proper diet. It’s really important to follow a healthy diet that you can stick to. Yo yo dieting usually leads to more weight gain and belly fat in the long run. Choose a sensible balanced diet that will set you up for success. Depriving yourself and crash dieting will only lead to failure and not be a lasting solution to losing your muffin top. Lose the weight. Keep it off.
- Start moving to melt off your muffin top. If you’re not doing some sort of exercise, you should try adding some. There are some really fun activities you can do to burn extra calories. Exercise doesn’t have to be boring or something you dread. The simplest form of exercise you can do and nearly everyone can do is walking. Grab yourself a Fitbit and start tracking your steps and calories burned. Aim for 10,000 to 15,000 steps a day in addition to a healthy diet to lose your muffin top.
- Be sure you’re getting enough vitamins. Your body uses vitamins and minerals in every cell and function including fat loss. Take a good multivitamin to keep everything working correctly and maximize your belly fat loss.
- Cut out the alcohol. Alcohol can really defeat your fat loss efforts. It has lots of extra calories and works against losing your muffin top.
- Get enough sleep. Did you know that most of your body’s fat burning takes place while you sleep? Now if that’s not a reason to get more sleep, I don’t know what is! Make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. If you have trouble sleeping like I do, try this melatonin! It works like a charm! It dissolves in your mouth and starts working right away so you get to sleep faster.
- Stop stressing. I know it’s hard to avoid stress. At least take a few minutes of quiet time each day to just be still, relax and reflect on the good things in life and what you want from your future. Stress really makes it difficult to lose weight because it causes your hormones to get all out of whack. So chill out for at least a few minutes each day to help get rid of your muffin top.
If you’re looking for an easy to follow, simple to stick to diet that will help you lose your muffin top fast, check out this diet by the Mayo Clinic. Lose up to 6 to 10 pounds in 2 weeks in a safe and healthy way. It’s the most sensible way to get rid of belly fat without gaining it back.
Related Posts That You Might Like