Wouldn’t it be nice if you could lose those extra pounds and fit back into your cute skinny clothes instead of having them take up closet space? Losing weight when you weigh 200 pounds or more can feel really intimidating if you don’t know the easy ways you can shed those extra pounds. I was struggling with my health and weight for years until I found out how to lose those extra pounds and regain my health without feeling deprived. Here are some easy tips to follow on how to lose weight if you weight 200 pounds or more so you can regain your confidence, feel beautiful and sexy, and look forward to getting dressed every morning.
How To Lose Weight If You Weigh 200 Pounds Or More
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
- Start by healing your gut. Weight loss can be nearly impossible if your gut is out of balance. You have cravings, you’re hungry all the time, and you don’t lose weight despite following a diet. If any of these sound familiar, you’re probably struggling with a gut imbalance. Healing your gut is the most important part of trying to lose weight. Eating fermented foods like kombucha and saurkraut will get you on your way to a healthy gut and weight loss. It’s easy to fix and will get your weight loss going along much faster.
- Don’t try to exercise too much in the beginning. Walking is a great way to burn some extra calories, but anything else may just make you tired and hungry in the beginning. Keep your exercise to low impact things until you start feeling more energetic and get adjusted to your diet. Trying to do too much at once can cause you to burn out and give up. I used to get all excited when starting a new diet and start right away with strenuous workouts. I would be tired and hungry and in the end, I was just setting myself up for failure. I learned that walking outdoors in the morning helps me clear my mind, focus on the day ahead and improves my mood and attitude so much. When you’re just getting started, your diet (if it’s effective) will produce the majority of the results rather than over exercising.
- Eat protein and fat to keep you full. Protein is very hard to overeat and fat keeps you full. This combo will help you get lasting results and keep away sugar and junk food cravings. Keep carbs to a minimum to lose weight fast when you have a lot to lose.
- Follow a low carb, high fat diet. Wouldn’t it be awesome to be able to just have fat melt off of your body without spending hours at the gym? a low carb, high fat diet is perfect if you are trying to lose weight and you weigh over 200 pounds because it works to burn fat quickly without exercise. It can help with all sorts of health issues to get them under control including thyroid and hormone problems. Although a basic low carb, high fat diet is good, there is one that was created just for women to help with these struggles we have with our health and it is amazing! Have you ever thought that it would be wonderful if you could find a diet that is made exactly for you to help you lose weight and help with your health problems? Once I started using this program and made the suggested modifications for someone with hypothyroidism, I began to see results like I’ve never seen before! I’ve got my energy back, I’m in a good mood nearly every day, my belly bloat has gone down and my pants are loose after struggling for years to even lose a pound! I’m fitting into clothes that I haven’t been able to wear for a long time and finally feeling confident. It feels amazing! I’ve been able to identify what foods cause me problems with my health and how to modify my diet to achieve the health and weight I want. It only took a few days for me to start feeling better and each day I have more energy and a new positive outlook on life.
- Break your diet up into smaller time frames. When we have so much to lose, it feels like we’ll be dieting forever before we reach our goals. That makes it really hard to stick to in the long term. Break your diet into 21 or 30 day challenges. Stick to it 100% for whatever amount of time you decide on. Once you’ve finished your 21 or 30 days, treat yourself to one of your favorite foods or meals for a day and then get right back on for another 21 or 30 days. This will allow you to still enjoy some foods you love on occasion, but not get carried away. Anyone can stick to something for 21 days, right? I give myself one day per month to eat what I want for one meal and a dessert. This way I never feel deprived or like I’m missing out on the foods I love that aren’t so fabulous for my health.
- Drink plenty of water. Be sure you are getting at least 8-12 cups of water each day to keep you full and flush out the fat.
- Meal plan and prepare food ahead of time. Have healthy snacks and meals prepared as much as possible. When you come home from work and you’re ravenous because you’ve been so busy you didn’t get to eat for hours, you’ll reach for all the wrong things. Be sure to have snacks prepared that you can grab easily from the fridge or have as much prepared as you can to make cooking dinner easier. You can take a couple of hours on the weekend to get this set up and your busy week will be so much easier! If you hate meal planning for yourself, you can get done for you meal plans delivered to your email every week. I’ve tried two meal planning services and I love, love, love both of them! For a high fat, low carb diet, these meal plans are awesome! For $8 a month you can get a complete grocery list, 3 meals and 1 snack recipe per day. For everyday healthy meal plans or if you follow a paleo or vegetarian diet, $5 Meal Plan is amazing! Their recipes are so awesome and easy to make and the grocery list makes shopping fast and easy. The coolest part is it’s only $5 per month! Or if you enjoy doing your own meal planning, you can get my free printable meal planner.
- Most importantly be kind to yourself. It is really hard to be positive and feel amazing when you don’t like what you see in the mirror. Practice thinking or saying nice things to yourself when you look into the mirror. If you start to think something negative, turn it around into a positive. Don’t grab your fat roll every chance you get and think that it will never go away. Be proud of yourself for working hard to change what you are unhappy with and don’t say anything to yourself that you wouldn’t say to someone else. I practice positive thinking and gratitude every morning. I write down 10 things that I am thankful for about myself and also in my life. It’s amazing how you can change your life with positivity. Once you start to practice it, you’ll realize how many negative thoughts creep into your mind every day. It’s shocking once you start noticing!
If you are over 200 pounds and want to lose weight, try these tips. I know you’ll see a complete change in yourself and your health! I hope this has helped you realize that this doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. You can lose weight quickly and easily if you follow these tips. If you want to change your life with a diet that you can personalize to create the most awesome weight loss and healing results for yourself, you can find out all about it here.
Other Posts You Might Like